MINNESOTA STATE FAIR RELEASES ITS MENU
One of the state fairs famous for its food is Minnesota’s. Fair officials have released some of this year’s menu. Which of these would you like to try?
• Candied Bacon Donut Sliders – Sliced glazed donut holes with thick candied bacon and a chocolate red wine ganache.
• SPAM Sushi – Grilled SPAM, sushi rice, fried egg and wasabi rolled in nori.
• Deep Fried Nachos Supreme – Pepper jack cheese cubes coated with a mixture of crushed seasoned tortilla chips and nacho cheese, then deep-fried, covered with taco meat, guacamole, more nacho cheese and sour cream, and served with jalapeños on the side.
• SPAM Curds – Cheese-flavored SPAM that has been cubed, battered and deep-fried, served with a side of ranch dressing.
• Reuben Pickle Dog – A dill pickle spear with sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing wrapped in a slice of corned beef.
• Deep Fried Grilled Cheese Bites – White cheddar cheese blended with beer batter, cubed and deep-fried for a taste reminiscent of a grilled cheese sandwich. Served with a bloody mary mix marinara.