The Yorkton Fire Department was called to Dairy Queen this afternoon (Wed) about a report of a gas leak in the business.
Fire Chief Trevor Morrissey says the source came from a conduit underground.
“The feeling is that they had a power surge in the building 24 hours ago, and there was small burning underneath the ground in another utility line.” Morrissey explained.
He says they were able to locate it and put the fire out. Levels of carbon monoxide are down to zero and the business is open again.
“Nobody was injured. There were some ill-effects from the gas in the building, but very little, very minor” he said.
He also reminds people if they suspect, or smell, a gas leak in their home or business to call 9-1-1 immediately.
“Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas so you should have a carbon monoxide detection in your home and/or business.”