As 2017 is drawing to a close, the Saskatchewan RCMP have released a list of the top 10 calls that “Missed the Mark”.
Here is the list courtesy of the Saskatchewan RCMP Facebook Page.
1. No Halo for you: A gamer-to-be dialed 911 because they were upset they had to sign up for and pay for Xbox live. Caller also wanted RCMP members to come and set up the Xbox.
2. What does a fox say?: A concerned citizen called 911 because a fox had entered their backyard …and couldn’t find its way out.
3. Treat yo’self: Caller called 911 to find the phone number for a pedicurist.
4. The kids are alright: A frustrated parent called 911 when their kids wouldn’t listen when they were told “no.”
5. Frienemies: A disgruntled individual called 911 to report that a friend had stolen their cigarettes and alcohol.
6. And away we go: An angry gear-head called 911 to argue and dispute a parking ticket.
7. Sticks and stones: Someone took offense and called 911 when their friend called them a name they didn’t like.
8. Always in the last place you look: A caller dialed 911 because they couldn’t find their keys and were late for work.
9. Life is a highway: a number of people called 911 because they were upset the highways weren’t closed despite the weather being poor and the roads being icy.
10. Just checking…: someone just wanted to make sure when they called 911 to see if they were actually supposed to be in jail.
The RCMP remind everyone that 911 is for emergencies only.