STARS Air Ambulance have announced the winners of this year’s lottery, and it includes one of our own at GX94.
Morning show host Danny Ismond and his family got the call they were the winners of a $1.5-million Regina show home.
“We just keep sitting here, pinching ourselves saying ‘is this for real,’” Ismond said in a news release. “You changed our lives for sure.”
He adds he is deeply aware of STARS’ importance as his parents are the owners of an ambulance service in Balcarres.
Another local winner was Karen Petracek of Esterhazy, who had the option of taking a 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic or 10-thousand dollars cash.
The winner of the Lucky STARS 50/50 draw was Barbara Ashton of Turtleford, who takes home $800-thousand.
Other winners were:
• Early bird prize winner – 2018 Chaparral 21 H20 Surf Boat and a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLE 4WD truck.
(Retail value: $146,072) – Jerry Folk, Moose Jaw
• STARS flight for two – Peter and Sheila Applin, Marengo
• STARS flight for two – Marlene, Hollinger, Regina
• Hawaiian Getaway, seven nights for two adults – Doreen Johnson, Outlook
• Jamaican Getaway, seven nights for two adults – Ryan Lytle, Saskatoon
• Magical Mexican Escape, seven nights for two adults – Kelly Painter, Humboldt
• Puerto Plata Paradise, seven nights for two adults – Mari Etta McEachern, Saskatoon
• San Diego Escape, four nights for two adults – Robin Endsin, Lumsden
• 2019 Volkswagen Jetta or $30,000 cash – Kim Audette, Regina
• 2018 Jeep Compass Sport or $25,000 cash – Jeff McNaught, Saskatoon
• 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Automatic or $20,000 cash – James Fairman, Weyburn
STARS note the lottery completely sold out, raising more than $2.2-million for the non-profit organization.