Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a male in his 70s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the Russell Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.4 per cent provincially and 6.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 261 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net new number of cases today to 258 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 36,890.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 25 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 36 cases in the Northern health region;
- 10 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 31 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 159 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard for COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
- 1,682 active cases and 34,246 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 76 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 69 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 145 hospitalizations;
- 21 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 35 ICU patients;
- 3,427 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 633,974; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 962.
Ongoing reviews of active case information has allowed for the removal of an additional 910 cases from ‘active’ to ‘recovered’. This provides a more accurate reporting of active cases.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Dauphin Personal Care Home in Dauphin and Fairview Personal Care Home in Brandon.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.