Public health officials advise three new deaths in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
- a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 70s from Southern Health-Santé Sud, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 13.8 per cent provincially and 15.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 603 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 602 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 46,916.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 36 cases in the Northern health region;
- 41 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 97 cases in the Southern Healthؘ-Santé Sud health region; and
- 409 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard for COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
- 4,659 active cases and 41,238 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 232 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 59 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 291 hospitalizations;
- 56 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 20 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 76 ICU patients;
- 3,619 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 735,315, and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,019.
Public health officials are reminding Manitobans that in most cases, they should only seek testing at a provincial test site if they are symptomatic or have been advised by public health that they are a close contact. This will help ensure that those who need to be tested can continue to access testing as easily as possible. Manitobans have several options available to access testing including drive-thru, walk-in or by booking an appointment by calling 1-855-268-4318 or online at select sites at www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html#appointment.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.