Public health officials advise two new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.7 per cent provincially and 10.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 124 new cases of the virus have been identified, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 54,481.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• four cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 14 cases in the Northern health region.
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 19 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 80 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard of COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
• 3,111 active cases and 50,268 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 297 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
– 194 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 271 hospitalizations;
• a total of 86 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
– 42 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 60 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
– 26 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 25 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
• 26 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care;
– no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
• 1,667 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 803,597; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,102, as over the weekend one death was removed due to a data correction.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.