Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 5.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 36 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 34 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 56,516.
Of the 36 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• five new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• two new cases in the Northern health region;
• two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 24 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 972 active cases and 54,392 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 155 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
63 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 86 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 149 hospitalizations;
• a total of 42 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
15 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 36 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
six Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, all of whom are in Ontario;
• 39 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
• 989 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 837,996; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,152.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.