A lot of my friends are on vacation right now in tropical places. I haven’t been to an all inclusive for two years and I’d love to go on a winter vacation, especially to Jamaica. But if I really had my choice to go anywhere in the world, I’d go back to Disney World! It really is the most magical place ever! Everyone is happy, the parks are so clean and you feel like a little kid again. (Is it bad that a grown up’s favourite place in the world is a theme park?) I’ve been lucky enough to go to Disney World two times and I can’t wait to go again. I found this list of facts about Disney parks, I knew a few of the facts, but some of them I definitely didn’t know. If you’re heading there this year for a family trip you can wow them with all the fun facts you know about the place.
THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT DISNEY PARKS:
• There are tunnels under Disney World that allow employees and cast members to move between the different areas.
• None of the shops in Disney World sell gum, which is why you never see any stuck to the rides or on sidewalks.
• The 14-story “Tree of Life” in the middle of Animal Kingdom is actually an old oil rig. Engineers found that its ability to
hold up against hurricane-strength winds made it ideal for the internal structure of the attraction.
• There is never a trash can more than 30 steps from where you are in a Disney park.
• There is a secret basketball court for staff in the upper third of the ‘Matterhorn’ ride at Disneyland.
• Devices called ‘Smellitizers’ can be found all over Disney parks. They emit scents in certain areas to match the surroundings.
• There’s a secret suite inside Cinderella’s Castle. It cannot be booked, and is only used for promotional giveaways.
• The brownish winding path in ‘Liberty Square’ is meant to represent raw sewage that flowed down the streets of colonial America, since indoor plumbing wasn’t yet invented.