I have to admit the greatest thing about being off of our diet, is getting to say YES to whatever we want to eat! Chad Mikals hosted his annual Blue Jays home opener get together last night and we feasted on a gourmet hot dog smorg! It was fabulous! Below is a picture of my supper! Sorry, the picture is fuzzy, but I was just so excited to eat a loaded hot dog that I was kind of shaky!
I had cheese sauce, homemade chilli, homemade sauerkraut, ketcup and mustard on that baby! And it was delicious! But after one, my stomach said NO MORE FOOD! So I stopped.
The dreaded spring cleaning … it’s back again. I thought these quotes were pretty funny. Everyone hates cleaning, just like me!
CLASSIC SPRING CLEANING QUOTES:
• “My second-favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk-bed until I faint.” (Erma Bombeck)
• “Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance?” (Phyllis Diller)
• “I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes … and 6 months later you have to start all over again.” (Joan Rivers)
• “I’m not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on.” (Roseanne Barr)
– “Psychology Today” March 2013
DEFINITION OF ‘JUNK’:
Trying to clean up the junk in your house? According to professional organizers, if it’s broken, outdated, lost its mate, ugly, useless, dead, or moldy, then it’s ‘junk’ … and you should toss or recycle it.
– “Clutter’s Last Stand”
(How much JUNK do you have in your house? I know I have a lot.)
Fun Fact for today … Only pharaohs were allowed to eat mushrooms in ancient Egypt.
Word of the day … boulevardier (bull-uh-vahr-DYAY)
: a frequenter of the Parisian boulevards; broadly : man-about-town