A contact tracing investigation is underway into an outbreak that was declared in Saskatoon.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority says the outbreak, involving more than 60 people, is a result of one positive case of COVID-19 and one presumptive case between May 21 and May 26.
The cases are linked to a pair of large family gatherings earlier this month that exceeded the current limit of 10 people.
Chief Medical Health Officer Dr. Saqib Shahab says this is a reminder that we still need to be cautious.
“This is a reminder to all of us that as we engage in the reopening of Saskatchewan, COVID is still around throughout Saskatchewan and we need to keep taking all the precautions, we have to prevent further transmission.” Dr. Shahab said.
However, the SHA says all close contacts are isolating at home and there is no further risk to the public.