The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced the following roster moves:
- American offensive lineman Chidi Okeke
- National defensive back Shamar Busby
- American offensive lineman Lanard Bonner
- American offensive lineman Devon Johnson
- American defensive lineman Kelcy Quarles
- American wide receiver Artavis Scott has accepted a coaching opportunity
Okeke (6’5-315lbs) signed with the Washington Football Team as an undrafted free agent in 2019 before going on to spend time with the Kansas City Chiefs and on the Miami Dolphins practice roster.
Prior to his time with the NFL, Okeke played two seasons at Tennessee State University (2017-18) after transferring from Louisiana State University. As a Fighting Tiger he played in all 20 games, starting in 19 at left tackle. In his final collegiate season, the 24-year-old helped lead the offensive unit to an average of 431.3 yards per game, a 105 yard per game increase in total yardage from previous season. He went on to be named Phil Steele All-OVC First Team and All-Ohio Valley Conference First Team.
At LSU he played nine games, mostly on special teams, after redshirting as a freshman. Okeke had never played football until his family came to the United States from Nigeria in 2013.
(Riders Press Release)