Public health officials advise that one additional death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a female in her 30s from the Interlake–Eastern health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3 per cent provincially and 5.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 153 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 149 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,688.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 10 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 57 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• six cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 73 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard for COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
• 1,528 active cases and 33,205 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 62 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 75 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 137 hospitalizations;
• 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 35 ICU patients;
• 2,648 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 613,701; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 955.
Public health officials advise the first case of the P1 variant of concern, first identified in Brazil, has been confirmed by sequencing in Manitoba. The case was identified in an individual from the Interlake–Eastern health region. Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
An outbreak has been declared at the Parkview Place Long Term Personal Care Home in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.