Public health officials advise that no new deaths in people with COVID -19 have been reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.7 per cent provincially and 5.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 108 new cases of the virus have been identified. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 36,267.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 12 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• five cases in the Northern health region;
• 10 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 18 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 63 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard for COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
• 1,685 active cases and 33,623 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 62 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 70 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 132 hospitalizations;
• 15 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 30 ICU patients;
• 2,491 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 624,868; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 959.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
An outbreak has been declared at the Dauphin Personal Care Home in Dauphin. The site has been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.