Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 14.5 per cent provincially and 16.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 461 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 459 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 48,436.
Manitoba’s COVID-19 Dashboard is available here.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 25 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 30 cases in the Northern health region;
• 31 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region;
• 76 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 299 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 5,072 active cases and 42,335 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 259 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 57 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 316 hospitalizations;
• 53 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 74 ICU patients;
• 3,204 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 746,507; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,029.
Public health officials are reminding Manitobans that in most cases, they should only seek testing at a provincial test site if they are symptomatic or have been advised by public health that they are a close contact. This will help ensure that those who need to be tested can continue to access testing as easily as possible. Manitobans have several options available to access testing, including drive-thru and walk-in sites, or by booking an appointment by calling 1-855-268-4318 or online at select sites at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html#appointment.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
(Manitoba Government News Release)