Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Holy Family Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 13.3 per cent provincially and 15 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 312 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 310 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 49,356.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- seven cases in the Northern health region.
- 11 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 34 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 240 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard for COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
- 4,792 active cases and 43,529 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 253 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 65 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 318 hospitalizations;
- 57 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 74 ICU patients;
- 2,297 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 754,338; and
- due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed so the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,035
- A male in her 30s from the Winnipeg health region and reported May 25, 2021.
Public health officials are reminding Manitobans that in most cases, they should only seek testing at a provincial test site if they are symptomatic or have been advised by public health that they are a close contact. This will help ensure that those who need to be tested can continue to access testing as easily as possible. Manitobans have several options available to access testing, including drive-thru and walk-in sites, or by booking an appointment by calling 1-855-268-4318 or online at select sites at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html#appointment.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.