Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
- a male in his 70s from Southern Health-Sante Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 6.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 85 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 84 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,777.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- eight cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- nine cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The dashboard of COVID-19 in Manitoba can be found here.
The data also shows:
- 1,635 active cases and 53,007 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 197 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including:
- 98 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 87 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 185 hospitalizations;
- a total of 66 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- 28 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 26 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 54 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
- 12 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 11 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
- 35 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
- no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
- 1,625 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 823,640; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,135.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.