Public health officials advise two new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today. This includes deaths reported on the weekend;
• Saturday, July 10:
– no new deaths reported;
• Sunday, July 11:
– a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region;
• Monday, July 12:
– a male in his 70s from the Interlake–Eastern Regional health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is five per cent provincially and 4.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 181 new cases of the virus have been identified since Friday – 87 cases on Saturday, July 10; 63 cases on Sunday, July 11; and 31 cases today. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 56,920.
Of the 31 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• four new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• three new cases in the Northern health region;
• two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• two new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 20 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,025 active cases and 54,733 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 138 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
– 52 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 135 hospitalizations;
• a total of 33 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
– 10 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 20 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 30 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
– three Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, all of whom are in Ontario;
• 42 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
– no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
• monthly data on hospital admissions and vaccines includes:
– 74 per cent of the 412 hospital admissions between June 1 and 30 had no vaccine doses, and 22 per cent had one dose; and
– 90 of the 412 hospitalized cases were admitted to ICU, and of those 90 cases, 77 per cent had no vaccine dose and three per cent had one dose;
• 1,332 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 846,855; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,162.
The outbreak has been declared over at St. Boniface Hospital, unit M3 in Winnipeg.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.