Manitoba RCMP recovered firearms and drugs during the arrest of a Swan River man, who was the subject of multiple warrants in that province and here in Saskatchewan.
RCMP say they located approximately 27 grams of methemphetamine, a weapon and drug-related paraphernalia in possession of the accused: 31-year-old Matthew Barker.
A subsequent search of a hotel room netted officers several loaded handguns.
Barker is facing the following charges in connection to the searches:
· Unsafe Storage of a Firearm x2
· Possession of a Restricted Firearm without License / Registration x2
· Possession of a Firearm when knowing Possession Unauthorized x2
· Carrying Concealed Weapon
· Possession of a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine)
· Fail to Comply with Release Order Condition X5
Barker, who is also facing charges from a stolen vehicle incident in Saskatchewan in late-April, was remanded into custody for a court appearance today (Mon) in Winnipeg.
(Photo: Manitoba RCMP)