File Hills Police Service receives additional funding from the province of Saskatchewan

The Saskatchewan government has committed an additional $357,000 to support the File Hills Police Service.

The updated funding agreement is retroactive to April 1, 2019, and will see the police service receive an extra $40,000 each year through March of 2028, when the agreement concludes, with the province’s total contribution over the span now reaching 12.8 million dollars.

The province provides 48 per cent of the service’s funding, with the other 52 per cent coming from Ottawa.

The File Hills Police Service, which became fully self-administered in 2007, serves an area spanning about 450 square kilometres, including the Okanese, Peepeekisis, Little Black Bear and Carry the Kettle First Nations, as well as the Star Blanket Cree Nation.

More from GX94 Radio